Wednesday, August 8

Meet Martin

This kid started his new job today. After five years of studying, homework, and tests--he is finally an accountant. I couldn't be more proud. Happy first day of work buddy, you're going to be great. 


This is Martin. You've heard about him. I'm marrying him. But you really don't know him. I guess since he went out on a limb and proposed, maybe I should give him a "Meet Martin" tab over on the left. But that's a really big commitment, and I just don't know if I'm there yet. Kidding.

So, Meet Martin. 

-Accountant--as of 8:00 this morning. Need one? I know a guy. 

-Mississippi State graduate. And Sigma Chi frat star. Kidding about the frat star part, but he was a Sigma Chi. And he was the Sigma Chi house dad this past year. But they paid for his school, so that either makes him a genius or a frat star--you choose. 

-Happy, smiley, funny. But don't tell him I said he's funny. Kid's got jokes. 

-Loves Jesus and loves his mom. The two most important things to look for in a man. 

-Reality-TV-a-holic. Although I can't say I'm too far from crossing that line as well.  

-Sports guru. Football, baseball, basketball. It's a good thing we have similar interests. It's a good thing I've cried over watching Mississippi State lose a basketball game. It's a good thing I fell in love with MSU Baseball. It's a good thing I squealed like a child when we got our season football tickets. Because Mr. Tribble, he loves it all even more. 

-Confident, genuine, honest. 

-A great friend. Evident by the 15 guys that will be standing beside him on our wedding day. 

-More fun to be with than a barrel of monkeys. Always up for an adventure. Always ready for a good time. 

The macaroni to my cheese for the past seven years. They've been some good ones. 
Say a little prayer for your new friend Martin today. I know he would appreciate it. 

3 comments:

Megan said...

Love this post :) you have one great man and e is lucky to have a woman that can see his strengths so keenly. A great match :)

CALLIE said...

Precious!!! Best of luck to Martin on his first day of big boy work! Let the fun begin.

Allie said...

You two are adorable and he seems like such a great guy! What a catch! :)