Wednesday, June 27

be mine?

I'm coming out of hiding to share with you some really fun news. 

Last week, after much time spent with Elmer's and an Exacto-Knife, I sent out these fun little packages to my sweet bridesmaids and flower girl. 



Ready to make your wedding feel real? Ask your bridesmaids, it'll happen. I promise. 

I've been dreaming about how I was going to ask these girls to stand by us on our wedding day for much longer than I am willing to admit. When I ran across these blank puzzles while browsing Amazon for therapy materials, I knew I had found a winner. 


Armed with a $4.00 pack of blank puzzles, scrapbook paper, scissors and rubber cement, I was on my way. There might have been an easier way to make this happen, but here's how I did it. 

First, I cut a piece of scrapbook paper to the 4 x 5.5 size of the puzzle. I flipped the puzzle and the paper over (with the paper on the bottom) and removed one puzzle piece at a time, tracing the shape of the missing piece onto the paper until I had the full puzzle traced onto the scrapbook paper. 


 The pieces were cut apart and glued to the blank puzzles with rubber cement. I made the mistake of adding the doilies after I had glued the scrapbook paper down--and it would have been much easier to have glued the doilies to the scrapbook paper before I cut it apart. You live and you learn. 

 I used paint pens to write on each puzzle. After the paint dried I gave each one a pretty generous spray with Modge Podge to seal the paper and help the corners stick to the puzzle pieces as much as possible.  


I made these sweet little envelopes from the same package of scrapbook paper and tied each with a ribbon and a tag. 


Finally, I packaged all these little cuties up--plus three doilies with notes about the location and date--in a bubble mailer and sent them out to my sister and friends. 


I can't even begin to tell you how wonderful my bridesmaids are. But I can tell you that Martin and I have been blessed by every single one of them. Y'all are the absolute best, and I can't wait to share our wedding day with you. 

6 comments:

CALLIE said...

Precious, Precious idea!!

Emily @ Anna Delores said...

This is awesome, such a cute idea, I love it! Great execution, too -- you did a lovely job.

Dianna Davis said...

These are beyond adorable! I'm sure your bridesmaids will treasure them. I was very hands on with a lot of my "big day" details as well, and I can definitely say that the time and effort was worth it. Congratulations!

Dianna
<a href="http://virginiaforlovers.blogspot.com/>Virginia is For Lovers </a>

Lauren said...

such a sweet idea! I know they all were soo excited!

Rachel said...

Ahhh just makes me cry every time I look at these! I am just overjoyed to be able to stand by you as you marry your sweetheart! I've shown these to everyone that will listen, because I think that they're THAT precious! So creative, Kels. Love you to the moon and back!

Mae said...

Oh my gosh!!! I LOVE THIS!!!!!! What a brilliant idea!