Saturday, May 15

I'm giving it a try...

Sooooo... I got a blog?

I've spent the past semester falling in love with several different blogs and have gotten kind of addicted to say the least. I definitely didn't think it was something I would ever do, but after watching my sister graduate from high school tonight--I started thinking about all of the people I have lost touch with over the past four years. I love you all very much whether I have been faithful in keeping up with you or not. You know how bad I am with phone calls; I wouldn't have a phone if it wasn't completely necessary. I've creepily kept up with several of you (you know who you are) through your blogs lately, and maybe this will do the same for someone else as we graduate college and go our seperate ways.

Obviously there have been a lot of "endings" for me lately: my undergrad (sort of), being able to spend every waking moment at the Chi Omega house, being a Diamond Girl, and having my friends literally walking distance away. I didn't let it sink in until last week which is really unfortunate... but it did help me to realize that even though things are changing--it isn't anything to be sad about. I'm proud; proud of myself and of my friends, we made it this far and this is what we have been working for since we started kindergarten all those years ago. It's scary, but a good feeling. I've been so blessed these past few years with relationships and memories that have become irreplaceable. I DREADED leaving high school because I never ever thought I would make friends like I had back then. I spent wayyy too much of my freshman year feeling sorry for myself and driving back to Greenwood. I don't regret one moment of it and wouldn't change anything, but I had no idea what wonderful people I would meet if I would only give them the chance. Then I blinked and the next four years are over and we are moving away to Atlanta for a big girl job, Clinton for law school, and Oxford for grad school. Starkville will not be the same in the fall without the people I have grown so close to and dependent on over the past three years.

But the exciting part is that my baby SISTER will be with me in the fall, hopefully she can pick up the slack. She was only in the 8th grade when I graduated high school, so we still didn't have a super close relationship when I left for Mississippi State. I am so excited about being in the same town and helping her survive her freshman year.... I'll keep you updated on how well that goes :)

On top of all this change, I am going off to Camp DeSoto in Mentone, AL for the summer. I'll be teaching horseback and ministering to lots of little girls. I couldn't be more excited about it, but your prayers and letters will be much needed and appreciated. I was a counselor at Kanakuk in Branson, MO after my freshman year and had the most incredible summer of my life. It was a such a growing experience for me, and I didn't think it could ever get any better. I'm in such a different place in life now though that I think this summer is going to be on a whole new level. I can't wait to share everything that goes on this summer with you.

That's enough excitement for one night. Thanks for reading, precious friends.

God's voice is glorious in the thunder. We can't even imagine the greatness of his power. Job 37:5

No comments: